Sequim School District No. 323
“Inspire and Achieve”
503 North Sequim Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised November 4, 2016 – All meetings in the District Board Room unless otherwise noted.
November 7, 2016 – 6:30 PM Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Agenda –Board Meeting
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER (REF. POLICY 1400)
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (REF. POLICY 1420)
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Request approval of the minutes from the October 17, 2016 Regular Board Meeting
4. CHANGES/ADDITIONS AND APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA (REF. POLICY 1420)
5. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS - The Board believes that public comments are a very important connection between our community and the Board. This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication. We ask first that if you have comments, you come forward, introduce yourself and share your comments. Comments will be taken in the following order:
Regarding Agenda items
2) Regarding general items
Each speaker will be allowed 3 minutes and a red card will be held up when 30 seconds remains. (Ref. Policy 1400, 1623, and 1620P).
7. BOARD COMMUNICATION AND OTHER ITEMS
8. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD APPROVAL: Any item may be moved to New Business with a motion from any Board member.
a. General Fund Vouchers No. 187004 thru No. 187130 in the total amount of $348,286.00.
b. ASB Fund Vouchers No. 10648 thru No. 10671 in the total amount of $27,690.23.
c. Personnel - Employment with the District will be conditional upon the district’s receipt of a criminal conviction history record that is clear of any convictions, adjudications, protective orders, final decisions, or criminal charges in accordance with Washington State law and conditional upon receipt of a sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form from prior Washington State employer(s), where employment was in a school setting, indicating that no sexual, verbal or physical misconduct materials were found in the records of such employer(s) pursuant to RCW 28A.400 and WAC 180-87-080.
1) Accept Letter of Resignation from Frank Shimek, Bus Driver, effective November 17, 2016 as presented.
2) Offer Classified Night Shift Custodian position to Roger Ulm, for the 2016-2017 school year, effective October 24, 2016 as presented.
Offer Certificated Director of Human Resources position to Paul Wieneke, for the 2016-2017 school year, effective November 8, 2016 as presented. 4) Offer Classified Career and Technical Education (CTE) Paraeducator position to Taylor Sebring, for the 2016-2017 school year, as presented.
d. Approve the District’s Highly Capable Program plan for 2016-2017 as presented.
e. Contract for Services between Sequim School District #323 and Judy Price, to serve as a hearing officer, when requested by the Superintendent, in the appeal of student disciplinary actions, for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
f. Approve Interlocal Agreement Between Department of Enterprise Services Engineering and Architectural Services Division and Sequim School District to Design and Construct 4 (four) Classrooms using Cross Laminated Timber, on its property, as presented.
g. Approve WIAA Cooperative/Combined Approval Form for Sequim High School Divers to compete with Port Angeles High School Divers, for the 2016-2017 school year, as presented, as Sequim does not have a diving board.
h. Approve Agreement between Sequim School District and City University of Seattle to provide cooperative arrangements for student teaching/school counseling and/or field experiences, and/or practicums, and/or internships for students who do not hold valid Washington State teaching or ESA certification, effective September 30, 2016 as presented.
i. Approve Student Teaching Affiliation Agreement between Western Governors University (WGU), a Utah non-profit corporation, and Sequim School District, to provide student teaching experiences for teacher candidates enrolled in WGU’s educational programs, as presented.
10. OLD BUSINESS
a. None at this time.
11. NEW BUSINESS
c. Second Annual Community Needs Assessment – Dr. Ann Renker, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
d. Superintendent’s Report
13. FOR YOUR INFORMATIONa. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
o November 16-19 – WSSDA Annual Conference in Spokane, WA
o November 21 – 5:30pm Board Goals Workshop, 6:30pm Regular School Board Meeting
o December 5 – 6:30pm Regular Board Meeting
b. November 2016 Enrollment Report
c. Other Events of Interest
o November 8 – Election
14. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER