Sequim School District No. 323
“Inspire and Achieve”
503 North Sequim Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised October 14, 2016 – All meetings in the District Board Room unless otherwise noted.
October 17, 2016 – 6:30 PM Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER (REF. POLICY 1400)
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (REF. POLICY 1420)
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Request approval of the minutes from the October 3, 2016 Regular Board Meeting, as presented
4. CHANGES/ADDITIONS AND APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA (REF. POLICY 1420)
5. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS - The Board believes that public comments are a very important connection between our community and the Board. This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication. We ask first that if you have comments, you come forward, introduce yourself and share your comments. Comments will be taken in the following order:
1) Regarding Agenda items
2) Regarding general items
Each speaker will be allowed 3 minutes and a red card will be held up when 30 seconds remains. (Ref. Policy 1400, 1623, and 1620P).
7. BOARD COMMUNICATION AND OTHER ITEMS
8. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD APPROVAL: Any item may be moved to New Business with a motion from any Board member.
b. ASB Fund Vouchers No. 10633 thru No. 10647 in the total amount of $11,480.29.
c. Capital Projects Fund Vouchers No. thru No. in the total amount of $
d. Personnel - Employment with the District will be conditional upon the district’s receipt of a criminal conviction history record that is clear of any convictions, adjudications, protective orders, final decisions, or criminal charges in accordance with Washington State law and conditional upon receipt of a sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form from prior Washington State employer(s), where employment was in a school setting, indicating that no sexual, verbal or physical misconduct materials were found in the records of such employer(s) pursuant to RCW 28A.400 and WAC 180-87-080.
1. Accept Letter of Resignation from Karen Sande, Director of Human Resources, effective November 4, 2016 as presented.
2. Accept Request for Leave of Absence Extension, from Isabella Morrison, Sequim Middle School Science teacher, through first semester of the 2016-2017 school year, as presented.
3. Offer Classified Bus Driver position to Richard Johnson, for the 2016-2017 school year, effective October 3, 2016 as presented.
Offer Classified LAP Paraeducator position to Julie McCrorie and the 2016-2017 school year, effective October 7, 2016 as presented.
e. Interlocal Agreement between Clallam Conservation District and the Sequim High School Agricultural Science Program for the installation of a Rainwater Collection and Storage System to demonstrate to the community how to collect and store roof runoff water for irrigation and stock watering, as presented.
f. Approve a 5 year WIAA Cooperative/Combine Agreement with Port Angeles School District to allow female student athletes from Sequim School High School participate in Girls' Gymnastics at Port Angeles High School, as presented.
g. Accept Cash Donation from the James and Agnes Williams Charitable Remainder Trust in the amount of $240,000 as presented.
h. Accept Donation of a used Spinet Piano from Gary and Valerie McRoberts, as presented.
i. Approve Agreement between Boys & Girls Clubs of the Olympic Peninsula and Sequim School District for use of the gym during normal school hours for physical education classes conducted by Helen Haller Elementary School, for the 2016-2017 school year, as presented.
9. OLD BUSINESS
10. NEW BUSINESS
b. Update Capital Projects Levy presentation
a. Special Education and 504 Plans and Right Response – Shelley Langston, Executive Director Learning Support Services
b. After-School Band/Choir Experiences – Vern Fosket & John Lorentzen, High School Band/Choir Directors
c. Superintendent’s Report – Gary Neal
13. FOR YOUR INFORMATION
a. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
o October 29 – WSSDA Regional Fall Meeting from 10am to 1pm at Cape Flattery School District in Neah Bay
o November 7 – 6:30pm Regular School Board Meeting
o November 8 – General Election
o November 16-19 – WSSDA Annual Conference in Spokane, WA
o November 21 – 5:30pm Board Workshop Goal Setting; 6:30pm Regular Board Meeting
b. October Enrollment report14. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER