Sequim School District No. 323
“Inspire and Achieve”
503 North Sequim Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised September 16, 2016 – All meetings in the District Board Room unless otherwise noted.
September 19, 2016 – 6:30pm – Regular Board Meeting
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER (REF. POLICY 1400)
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (REF. POLICY 1420)
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Request approval of the minutes from the September 6, 2016 Regular Board Meeting, as presented
4. CHANGES/ADDITIONS AND APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA (REF. POLICY 1420)
5. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS - The Board believes that public comments are a very important connection between our community and the Board. This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication. We ask first that if you have comments, you come forward, introduce yourself and share your comments. Comments will be taken in the following order:
1) Regarding Agenda items
2) Regarding general items
Each speaker will be allowed 3 minutes and a red card will be held up when 30 seconds remains. (Ref. Policy 1400, 1623, and 1620P).
7. BOARD COMMUNICATION AND OTHER ITEMS
a. Board president response to any action items from public comments
b. Regular board communication
c. Review last meeting’s exit slips
8. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD APPROVAL: Any item may be moved to New Business with a motion from any Board member.
a. General Fund Vouchers No. 186670 thru No. 186677 in the total amount of $3,578.55; and No.186678 thru No. 186717 in the total amount of $51,056.52; and No. 186718 thru No. 186718 in the total amount of $40,082.17.
c. Personnel – Employment with the District will be conditional upon the district’s receipt of a criminal conviction history record that is clear of any convictions, adjudications, protective orders, final decisions, or criminal charges in accordance with Washington State law and conditional upon receipt of a sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form from prior Washington State employer(s), where employment was in a school setting, indicating that no sexual, verbal or physical misconduct materials were found in the records of such employer(s) pursuant to RCW 28A.400 and WAC 180-87-080.
1) Accept Letter of Resignation from Melissa Edge, School Bus Aide, effective immediately, as presented.
2) Accept Letter of Resignation from Sean O’Mera, Sequim Middle School Basketball coach, effective immediately as presented.3) Offer Interim Executive Director of Business and Finance position to Heidi Hietpas, for the 2016-2017 school year, effective September 14, 2016 as presented.4) Offer classified Health Room Paraeducator position to Kim Jacobs, for the 2016-2017 school year, as presented.5) Offer Classified Health Room Paraeducator position to Anna Raphael, for the 2016-2017 school year, effective September 16, 2016 as presented.9. OLD BUSINESS
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. District Communications Connections – Dr. Ann Renker, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
b. Superintendent’s Report
12. FOR YOUR INFORMATIONa. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
- September 23rd-24th in Spokane -- Legislative Assembly
- October 3 – Regular Board meeting
- October 17 – Regular Board Meeting
- October 29 – WSSDA 2016 Fall Regional Meeting at Cape Flattery School District in Neah Bay
- November 16-19 – 2016 WSSDA Annual Conference in Spokane
13. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER