Sequim School District No. 323
“Inspire and Achieve”
503 North Sequim Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised December 4, 2015
Monday, December 7, 2015 ~ 6 PM Regular Board Meeting
Agenda1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER (REF. POLICY1400)
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (REF. POLICY 1420)
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES (REF POLICY 1440) – Request approval of the minutes from the November 16, 2015 Regular Board Meeting, as presented
4. OATH OF OFFICE (REF. POLICY 1111)
5. BOARD REORGANIZATION (REF POLICY 1111 and 1210). It will be necessary at this time to conduct the Reorganization of the Board electing a President and Vice President. A vacancy also exists for Legislative Representative.
6. CHANGES/ADDITIONS AND APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA (REF.POLICY 1420)
7. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
8. PUBLIC COMMENTS - This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication from those in attendance who wish to speak, for up to three minutes, on any item. (Ref. Policy 1430, 4220 and 4220P). The board thanks you for your comments and will take into consideration what you have shared when making decisions regarding this topic.
9. BOARD COMMUNICATION AND OTHER ITEMS
10. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD APPROVAL (REF. POLICY 1420): Any item may be moved to New Business with a motion from any Board member.
a. General Fund Vouchers No. 184913 thru No. 184940 in the total amount of $16,189.95; and No. 184941 thru No. 184941 in the total amount of $27.91; and No. 184942 thru No.185035 in the total amount of $151,577.74.c. Capital Projects Fund Vouchers No. 2592 thru No 2592 in the total amount of $122.72.
d. November payroll in the total amount of $2,051,713.34.
e. Personnel – Employment with the District will be conditional upon the district’s receipt of a criminal conviction history record that is clear of any convictions, adjudications, protective orders, final decisions, or criminal charges in accordance with Washington State law and conditional upon receipt of a sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form from prior Washington State employer(s), where employment was in a school setting, indicating that no sexual, verbal or physical misconduct materials were found in the records of such employer(s) pursuant to RCW 28A.400and WAC 180-87-080.
1) Accept Letter of Resignation from Anita Morris, Olympic Peninsula Academy Learning Coach, effective December 31, 2015, as presented.
2) Accept Letter of Resignation from Robin Fling, Bus Driver, effective January 2, 2016 as presented.
3) Offer Kindergarten Paraeducator position to Stephanie Doran, for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
f. Approve Contract for Services between Sequim School District and Family Healing Center Corporation to provide services to Helen Haller’s Title I Parent Program for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
11. OLD BUSINESS
12. NEW BUSINESS
a. Policy #0100 – Commitment to Planning. A district planning process can vary from district to district but usually shares some common elements, which are identified in the 0000 series. Classified Discretionary New Policy
b. Policy #2020 – Curriculum Development and Adoption of Instructional Materials. The updated policy/procedure, retitled Course Design, Selection and Adoption of Instructional Materials, recognizes that curriculum is now the state standards. The focus has shifted from curriculum design to selection of instructional materials and course design to support the standards. Classified Essential Current Policy Suggested Policy -- Ann Renker, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
c. Bond discussion -- Brian Lewis, Executive Director of Business and Operations1. Facilities Update and Planning2. Olympic Peninsula Elementary Schools13. REPORTS
a. Inclement Weather Plan – Jeff Gossage, Director of Transportation
b. Introduction to Indestar – Dr. Ann Renker, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
c. Greywolf Elementary School Improvement Plan – Donna Hudson, Greywolf Elementary Principal.
d. Helen Haller Elementary School Improvement Plan – Russ Lodge, Helen Haller Elementary Principal
e. Superintendent's Report
14. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER
15. FOR YOUR INFORMATION
a. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
o December 10 – 7am Sequim High School Leadership Class Meeting Invitation
o December 21 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting
o January 4 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting
o January 19 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting
o January 31 – Legislative Conference in Olympia
b. Holiday Concerts and Special Events
o Saturday, December 5 ~ First Teacher Santa Breakfast @ Sequim Middle School
o Wednesday, December 9 ~ Middle School Band Concert @ SMS gym
o Tuesday, December 15 ~ Middle School Choir Concert @ SMS cafeteria
o Wednesday, December 16 ~ High School Choir Concert
o Thursday, December 17 ~ High School Band Concert
o Monday, December 21 thru Tuesday, December 22 – District Office OPEN from 8:30am to 3:00pm
o Wednesday, December 23 thru Friday, December 25 – District Office CLOSED
o Monday, December 28 thru Wednesday, December 30 – District Office OPEN from 8:30am to 3:00pm
o Thursday, December 31 and Friday, January 1 –District Office CLOSED
o Monday, January 4, 2016 ~ Back to School!
c. Enrollment for the month of December, 2015
d. Free & Reduced lunch percentages for month of December