Sequim School District No. 323
“Inspire and Achieve”
503 North Sequim Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382
Telephone: (360) 582-3260, FAX: (360) 683-6303, www.sequim.k12.wa.us
Preliminary Agenda Revised December 18, 2015 – All meetings in the District Board Room unless otherwise noted.
Monday, December 21, 2015 – 6 PM Regular Board Meeting
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER (REF. POLICY 1400)
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (REF. POLICY 1420)
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Request approval of the minutes from the December 7, 2015 Regular Board Meeting, as presented.
4. CHANGES/ADDITIONS AND APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA (REF. POLICY 1420)
5. STUDENT BOARD REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNICATION & STUDENT RECOGNITION
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS - This time is set aside for receiving both written and oral communication from those in attendance who wish to speak on any item. (Ref. Policy 1430, 4220 and 4220P). The board thanks you for your comments and will take into consideration what you have shared when making decisions regarding this topic.
7. BOARD COMMUNICATION AND OTHER ITEMS
8. CONSENT AGENDA – REQUEST BOARD APPROVAL: Any item may be moved to New Business with at the request of any Board member.
b. ASB Fund Vouchers No. 10330 thru No. 10345 in the total amount of $28,003.68.
c. Personnel -
Employment with the District will be conditional upon the district’s receipt of
a criminal conviction history record that is clear of any convictions,
adjudications, protective orders, final decisions, or criminal charges in accordance
with Washington State law and conditional upon receipt of a sexual Misconduct
Disclosure Form from prior Washington State employer(s), where employment was
in a school setting, indicating that no sexual, verbal or physical misconduct
materials were found in the records of such employer(s) pursuant to RCW 28A.400
and WAC 180-87-080.
Offer Living Skills paraeducator position to Kylee Rogers, for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
Accept Letter of Resignation from Mikie Smith, from her position as Greywolf Elementary Paraeducator, effective January 1, 2016 as presented.
Accept Letter of Resignation from Ethan Hinton, Assistant Wrestling Coach, effective immediately, as presented.
Offer Assistant Wrestling Coach position to Dakota Hinton, for the 2015-2016 school year, as presented.
Accept Letter of Resignation from Kyra Humphrey, Olympic Peninsula Academy Learning Coach, effective immediately, as presented.
Accept Letter of Resignation from Katie Rose Taylor, Olympic Peninsula Academy Learning Coach, effective immediately, as presented.
7. Accept Letter of Resignation from Casey Lewis, High School Girls JV Basketball coach, effective immediately, as presented.
8. Accept Letter of Resignation from Timothy Wilkinson, Olympic Peninsula Academy teacher and Instructional coach, effective at the end of the 2014-2015 school year, as presented.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. At First Reading Policy #0100 – Commitment to Planning. A district planning process can vary from district to district but usually shares some common elements, which are identified in the 0000 series. Classified Discretionary. Suggested
b. At First Reading Policy #2020 – Curriculum Development and Adoption of Instructional Materials. The updated policy/procedure, retitled Course Design, Selection and Adoption of Instructional Materials, recognizes that curriculum is now the state standards. The focus has shifted from curriculum design to selection of instructional materials and course design to support the standards. Classified Essential Current Policy Suggested Changes
10. NEW BUSINESS
a. Procedure #1620P – Board Protocols.
b. Plan Board Workshop Schedule
c. Introduce NEW Policy #2195 – Academic Acceleration. The board is encouraged to adopt an academic acceleration policy, under which students who meet state standards in a particular area—be it math or reading/writing—are automatically enrolled in the next most rigorous level of advanced courses. The ultimate goal is that these students will eventually be eligible for automatic enrollment in dual-credit courses. Classified Discretionary Suggested Policy
a. Superintendent’s Report
12. FOR YOUR INFORMATION
a. Upcoming Board Meetings, etc.
o January 4, 2016 Regular Board Meeting
January 18 – Regular Board Meeting Moved to January 19 due to Holiday
o January 19 – 6pm Regular Board Meeting
b. Holiday Closures
o Monday and Tuesday, December 21-22, 2015 – District Office OPEN 8:30am to 3:00pm.
o Wednesday through Friday, December 23-25, 2015 – District Office CLOSED
o Monday through Wednesday, December 30, 2015 – District Office OPEN from 8:30am to 3:00pm
o Thursday, December 31 and Friday, January 1, 2016 –District Office CLOSED
o Monday, January 4, 2016 ~ Back to School!
c. September 2015 Budget Status Report
d. October 2015 Budget Status Report