Free & Reduced Lunch Program Coordinator
Families may submit Free & Reduced Lunch applications at any time during the year. New applications must be submitted each school year. Applications may be submitted online or by paper. In order to submit an online application you will need your Skyward Family Access login. You can get this information by going in person to your child’s school or the District Technology Office at 503 N. Sequim Avenue. If you need computer access, a computer is available in the office of each school or the district office. Applications begun in Skyward need to be completed in Skyward and not printed and mailed to the district. Paper applications are available at each school or the district office. Please return complete applications to your students’ school or the district office. Questions, call Kayana Harrison at (360)582-3433.
* It is important to complete the Free and Reduced Application if you feel there is a chance that you might qualify. The income guidelines change yearly. These guidelines are set at the state level, not at the district level. An online application is available in Skyward Family Access. Just click on the "Skyward" link at the top of the page.
* New applications are required to be completed every year. For the first 30 days of the new school year your child will be at the same status that they were in June of the previous year. It is very important that the new applications are completed in a timely manner for your child to continue receiving free or reduced priced meals. Once your new application is received, you will be notified by the school district if you continue to qualify for free or reduced priced meals. After 30 days have passed and there is no new application on file for your student, he or she will be removed from the program and they will be expected to pay full price for their meals. Parents are responsible for the student’s account until approved for free or reduced priced meals.
* If you have a kindergartner, please complete an online application for them as well. We offer meal service to kindergartners that are on school campus during serving time. To find out more details, please contact the school kitchen where your kindergartner attends.
* If your child has an allergy to foods, you MUST provide a doctor’s note that we keep on file. This is a requirement by the State Office of Public Instruction.
* It is very important that you complete the online application as it helps support the school district in other ways. The state funds other programs and opens up grant opportunities for the school district based on the number of applications on file.